11 Sep How Erin Condren Inspired Me
Let’s talk Erin Condren.
I first became aware of her brand through my friend Susan Rodriquez. She made several social media posts about her love for the Erin Condren planners. Naturally, I just had to check them out!
When I initially visited the website, I was instantly attracted to the bright colors and playful vibe. I also loved that there was a whole company built around helping women stay organized and productive in a fun and aesthetically-pleasing way.
Having said that, it’s easy to understand why Erin Condren planners inspired my own business venture—specifically in the following ways.
Many of the planners that I’ve used in the past had a horizontal layout for each week that looked like this:
Something that struck me the most about Erin’s planners was the vertical layout option. I especially liked how you can use this layout to time block things out each day.
In addition, I liked how there was a focus on aesthetics, quirky prints, and vivid colors with the Erin Condren brand.
The little things like stickers, coil-clip connectors, and clear stamps made these planners extra enjoyable! You could customize each one according to your specific tastes so that nobody would ever make the mistake of picking up your personal planner.
They even had coordinating pens that you could use for color-coding purposes. (Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE color-coding!)
3. Little Extras
Furthermore, Erin’s planners implemented large and easy-to-use tabs. Because some variations I’d used previously were difficult to navigate, I REALLY appreciated how the Erin Condren planner made this part straightforward.
There are also extra places built into the planner for note-taking, habit-forming, and goal-setting. I think this is particularly useful for driven and ambitious women who frequently need to organize their thoughts.
The Unique Things About Artful Agenda
All that being said, it wasn’t long before I realized that I needed something digital. And here’s why:
- Open Access: It was important to create or use something that both my husband and I could easily access. To avoid the double-entry of using a paper and digital planner at the same time.
- More Convenient: Personally, I wanted a planner that I could access on the go. Why? Well, because I was always the person who forgot to bring her planner when she needed it for doctor’s appointments or lunch dates with friends to arrange the next meet-up.
- Higher Efficiency: As a time-pressed entrepreneur involved in different projects, it was necessary to have an option that would sync with my Google and Outlook calendars so I could cross-reference them for scheduling purposes.
- Environmentally Friendly: I’m a big believer in being kind to the beautiful planet that we live on. I wanted a planner that would eliminate unnecessary waste and preserve our natural resources.
- Less Stress(!): Admittedly, I’m a bit of a perfectionist. The struggle was real when I’d put something in my calendar and then had to cross it out when plans had to change.
Therefore, when I developed Artful Agenda, I tried to incorporate the most useful aspects of a physical planner (inspired by brands like Erin Condren). But I also took it into the digital world to suit the busy lifestyles of working professionals in the Information Age.
Getting a Planner That Works For You
Don’t get me wrong, I really wanted to able to stick to my Erin Condren planner—and I’ll always be a fan of hers. Her products are wonderful and a great fit for a lot of people.
That said, unfortunately, her planner (like all paper planners!) just didn’t work for me. (But I’ll still be a loyal customer for things like stationery, school, and office supplies!)
At the end of the day, it’s all about what’s going to work best for you and your lifestyle. If you live an extraordinary life, there’s a lot going on at once and you often feel like you’re being pulled in different directions. You just might find that digital planners like Artful Agenda help simplify your day-to-day existence. And boy, does it feel good.